Those who have concerns that they may have symptoms of the COVID-19 virus can contact the Hamblen County Health Department at 423-586-6431 and press ‘0’ for consultation and potential options for testing in their area.
If you are ill and experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 consisting of fever, cough, and shortness of breath or breathing problems, it is recommended you call either your healthcare provider or the Hamblen County Health Department at the above referenced number so they can arrange for your arrival. This will help minimize the risk of exposing others to the illness.
There are many things you can do to help flatten the curve and reduce the impact of COVID-19:
1) Wash your hands often with soap and water ( or an alcohol-based hand rub) for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing or sneezing
2) Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
3) Stay home when you are sick
4) Cover your coughs and sneezes with your arm or a tissue
5) Clean and disinfect objects (i.e. cell phone, computer, etc.) and highly touched surface areas (i.e. door knobs, light switches, desktops etc.) regularly
6) Practice social/physical distancing (keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from others). Be safer at home.
The East Regional Health Office has an information line for local residents and healthcare providers to call with questions or concerns related to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus. The information line is 865-549-5343. It is designed to provide callers with trusted information related to the COVID-19 virus. Residents with medical questions will be referred to their healthcare provider or a public health nurse. The information line is open Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m EST.
The Tennessee Department of Health has additional information available at www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html. The CDC provides updated information and guidance online regularly at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Leave A Comment