Hamblen County Election Commission
Public Comment Policy
- The period for public comment will be listed as the first item on the agenda since the new law states that the purpose of the period is to provide the public with the opportunity to comment on matters that are germane to items on the agenda.
- The Commission shall allow a maximin of 6 people to speak during the public comment period. The Election Commission will take all practicable steps to ensure that opposing viewpoints are represented fairly including giving each view point an equal number of speakers, if any.
- The Commission will provide each person with a maximum of 3 minutes to speak during the public comment period.
- The majority of Commissioners present, may, at their discretion, extend the time to speak an additional 2 minutes.
- The Commission will utilize a physical sign-up sheet to be made available before the meeting begins for any person who wants to provide comments to the Election Commission. The sign-up sheet will include the name, address, topic on the agenda the speaker wishes to address, and whether the speaker is for or against the agenda item, if applicable.